Monday, October 4, 2010

I was Gettin some Head, Gettin Getiin some Head Massaged

catalogimageservlet[1]

Awww Yeah Baby... Sorry force of Habit. It's actually the other head not that one... Witcha Nasty Behind. Temple/Crown massages are actually the most natural and effective way to relieve headaches. I know me personally (and have for a while now), and I REFUSE to take over the counter meds unless I'm about to dang near die... I'm the dude who looks at all the ingredients side and unproven long term effects and would rather deal with the discomfort now than permanent damage in the future.

Quick Anatomy Fact: Headaches are caused by a variety of things but essentially do the same thing to the body, causes blood to thicken and clot which creates additional pressure. This is why your headache seems to "Pound" this is simply you feeling your pulse in your brain against pain receptors (I'm a Science/Tech Geek with a lot of Doctor/Nurse friends). What Headache Meds do is Chemically Thin the blood in your body to relieve pressure which is a great immediate fix, but coupled with any number of additional social, environmental, and/or genetic variables, this can actually be fatal. No thanks.

So OSIM created a total immersion therapeutic massager to increase blood flow from every direction. I put this joint on and it was actually adjustable in every way shape and form to fit my big ol dome so I know it'll fit yours, I'm not gonna lie though it kinda hurt. Now I'm not sure if its because I didn't actually have a headache or if my head is just colossal. I mean deep tissue massages hurt their behind off, but when you have back spasms or muscle tension they feel incredible... so maybe the same rules apply here. This specific massager also has a headphone jack to listen to 3 preset relaxation music types while gettin to dome squozed. So for the cost of a one day session from a professional masseuse (about $200), get you one of these joints and enjoy years of pressure relieving greatness. I mean look at dude in the picture… doesn't he look euphoric?

 

 

catalogimageservlet[2]

i-Need Massaging Eye Mask

This $59.95 eye Massager was also available for those Swiper No Swipin Raccoon eyed people. The same basic principal applies except they are not as adjustable with only a velcro strap on the back. Wearing these joints made me feel like I was getting hit in the face by all 3 stooges wearing Down filled Boxing gloves in slow motion. But again, my dome is like super large. Try it for yourself at Brookstone and let me know what you think.